Warp 35

Soapbox of a GNU/Linux lovin' guy.
FOSS just works.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands

I'm a Dutch guy born in 1974. Growing up I went from a dreamer to halfway mature. In 2002 I met my life partner and I'm living happily with hime ever since. I'm seconded at Stork Technical services since 2001. Right now I'm pretty happy with where I'm at.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

A year and a DE later...

I for one would love to see that big K on every computer, wether it runs *Nix or Windows. We'll see how this will play out in about a year.

Strange how much can change over a short period of time. Februari 2005 I was a KDE man, now a year later I love to use Gnome.

Thanks to Ubuntu I might say. If it had been dual desktop, I wouldn't have given Gnome the time of day, but Ubuntu forced me to use it for more than an afternoon. Loved it ever since.

No ill feelings towards KDE. Great desktop, nifty technology, but a little too much for me. I like the clean, underwhelmed approach of Gnome. It is there when you need it, but otherwise it keeps out of your way.

updated the layout. much more readable this way ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home